Mobile Deposit makes it easy to deposit checks on the go. Use your smartphone or mobile device camera to send an image of your check, and the money goes right into your account — exactly as if you gave it to a teller.
Mobile Deposit tips
- Endorse your check by signing the back in blue or black ink.
- When possible, use a dark backdrop behind your check to photograph it.
- If you have a check from the IRS with two payee names on it, both people must endorse the check (sign the back) before it can be deposited.
- When you’re done, date and mark your check as deposited (as a reminder not to inadvertently deposit the check again).
- When you use Mobile Deposit, up to $2,000 of your deposit is immediately available; the rest will need two business days for processing.
- Some checks don’t work with Mobile Deposit — such as checks with a cluttered design (often an issue with unemployment insurance checks and money orders).
Get Mobile Deposit on the WSECU Mobile Banking app.
How to use Mobile Deposit